COUNCIL OF THE BAPTIZED SUBMISSION COMMITTEE-
PROGRAM PROPOSAL REPORT
for Pastoral Planning Project – February 2016
Proposal name: Archdiocesan Pastoral Plan: A New Path from the Baptized for the Baptized -- Pastoral Recommendations Project
Date Submitted: January 30, 2016
Type of Endorsement sought: Category A - no funding
Proposal team members: Ken Pierre, Dolore Rockers, Jane Leyden-Cavanaugh, Paula Ruddy, Ed Walsh
Summary and evaluation of the proposal elements: (also see the attached goals and milestones)
- Program description: The Proponents will develop a pastoral plan with a broad spectrum of participation by the people of the Archdiocese to present to the new Archdiocesan leadership and to the community at large to further the mission of the Church. (See the attached goals.)
- Program purpose: to provide structural and programmatic support for personal and communal Catholic life
- What concerns will the program address: Multiple concerns about institutional support for personal growth, community development, ministerial formation, liturgy, structures for communication, and service to the world
Decision to be made by the Council of the Baptized:
- Does this fit the mission and goals of the Council of the Baptized: Yes (unanimous 2/9/16))
- If Category A – Can the Council offer Endorsement in Principle? Yes (unanimous 2/9/16)
- If Category B – Can the Council offer Endorsement with Funding?
- What suggestions does the Council have for the proponents of the program?